HSGKC Banner

Planned Giving & Estate Planning

TravelerA wonderful way to show your commitment to a better world for unwanted and forsaken pets even past your lifetime is to include The Humane Society of Greater Kansas City in your will and/or estate planning. Please always consult a legal professional when developing your estate plans to ensure that your wishes are properly carried out. When including the Humane Society in your estate planning documents, please use our legal name and include our EIN number: The Humane Society of Greater Kansas City, EIN number: 48-0581965.

Charitable Remainder Trust
You can set up a trust which provides you with a regular monthly income. At your death, the assets in the trust provide much-needed help for the animals. You also receive a tax deduction at the time the trust is established.

Unrestricted Bequests
A bequest can be in the form of cash, real estate, a percentage of your estate, life insurance policies, IRAs and other retirement plans, annuities and securities. Always consult independent legal advice before finalizing any changes to your will.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 913-521-2334 or send an email.