We currently have no openings available.
Special Events/Communications Intern
This unpaid development internship opportunity is available every semester (Fall, Spring, Summer). It will include working with the public and media on behalf of the Humane Society of Greater Kansas City under supervision of the Vice President of Development. This position requires 10-15 hours of work per week, with plenty of opportunities to fill your portfolio while having a lot of fun and flexibility at the same time!
Assisting with the HSGKC PR Plan which includes:
- Writing news releases
- Writing 15, 30 & 60-second PSA for radio and TV stations
- Writing articles for Paw Prints, our quarterly newsletter
- Writing media advisories to go out right before events
- Act as HSGKC representative at regularly scheduled media appearances
- Assist with special events
- Creating and scheduling presentations
- Occasional fun artwork projects
- Clerical projects including filing, database maintenance, organizing, phone calling, etc.
- Recommended to students with a major in communications or marketing/public relations
- Must be comfortable interacting with and transporting animals
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong writing skills
- Basic knowledge of graphic design/layout
- Must have access to a car
- Willing to travel within the Greater Kansas City area for events and media appearances
- Comfortable in casually-dressed, fun-filled environment
Length of Commitment
- Semester Length (Sept-Dec; Jan-April; May-Aug)
- Please send a letter of interest, two writing samples and resume to: Kate Fields, COO, HSGKC, 5445 Parallel Parkway, Kansas City, KS 66104 or email.